Contempt or Enforcement Action Focused on Serving Clients With High-Quality Legal Representation

Contempt or Enforcement Action Attorneys in Columbus

Helping Our Clients Aggressively Advocate for Their Best Interests in Ohio

Once a divorce has been finalized, many people are relieved to get a fresh start. Therefore, when you discover that your ex-spouse or partner has rejected or ignored the court orders, you will likely be feeling extreme frustration and worry. You need to take immediate action when court orders are not being followed.

When filing a motion against your former spouse for being in contempt of a judicial order, you will certainly need the support of our lawyers in Columbus. Our team at Friedman & Mirman Co., L.P.A. can make sure your ex-partner obeys the law or faces the consequences.

Call us today at (614) 412-3943 so that our knowledgeable family law attorneys can give you aggressive aid in making sure that required divorced court orders are enforced.

Defining Contempt of Court or Enforced Action

Some of the actions which would be counted as an example of contempt of court include:

  • Refusing to make the correct payments for child support
  • Refusing to make the correct payments for spousal support
  • Failing to cooperate with the transfer of any property from the marriage
  • Not following the terms of a shared parenting plan

Your attorney must prove that your former spouse or partner was completely knowledgeable of the court order and was entirely capable of fulfilling it, but persisted in willfully breaking the order anyway.

What are the Penalties for Contempt of Court?

There can be severe penalties for refusing to comply with the orders that have been issued by the court. These include criminal as well as civil charges, with punishments such as attorney fees to the aggrieved party, fines and even jail time. Some offenders can be in danger of losing parenting time or custody rights.

Contact Our Columbus Contempt Attorney Today

At our offices at Friedman & Mirman Co., L.P.A., we have experienced a high success rate in helping our clients bring or defend contempt actions.

Contact us now at(614) 412-3943 or by filling out our online form so that our dedicated contempt or enforcement action lawyers in Columbus can help you obtain the justice that you deserve.

What You Can Expect

High-Quality Representation from Start to Finish
  • Experienced Trial Lawyers
  • Decades of Experience
  • Personalized Attention
  • Client Dedication
  • Creative Solutions